The Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association is hosting a ‘how to moot’ seminar for female university students. The seminar will be a casual session with plenty of opportunity for Q&A, and we will hear from some incredible mooters:
- Gretta Schumacher coached the Jessup Moot team last year and previously represented New Zealand at the Jessup Moot herself. She is currently a junior barrister at Shortland Chambers
- Danielle Houghton was best speaker at NZLSA and represented NZ at Jessup. She is currently a junior prosecutor and civil litigator at Meredith Connell
- Caitlin Hollings participated in the Vis and Jessup Moots. She is currently a junior barrister at Shortland Chambers.
Topics covered will include stylistic and substantive advice. It will be useful for first time mooters as well as those who are looking for advice on upgrading their advocacy. Everyone is welcome, especially those thinking of entering the AWLA Moot on 20-21 September 2017 (details to follow shortly).
The details of the training session are as follows:
- Date: Wednesday 30 August 2017, from 1-2pm
- Venue: Auckland University Law School, building 801 room 204 (Northey Lecture Theatre)
The training session, as well as the mooting competition itself, is open to students from both Auckland University and AUT law schools.